Below are some useful tips to make your domain transfer to 123-reg as easy as possible:
Log into your 123-reg control panels’ domain transfer page and check through the following details in order for your transfer to be completed!
- Update your admin contact email associated with your domain name, as all transfer confirmations will be sent to this address.
- For all .uk domains, ask your domain name provider to change your IPS Tag to 123-REG. Once done, visit the transfer page in your control panel and update the status of your domain transfer.
- For a .cc, .eu .info, or .name domain name, you need to ask your domain name provider to unlock your domain for transfer. You’ll then receive further instructions from our domain supplier TuCows letting you know what to do next.
- For a .biz, .com, .info, .net, or .org domain name, you’ll need to ask your domain name provider to unlock your domain for transfer, and also send you the authorisation code (Auth Code). You’ll then receive an email from our domain supplier TuCows asking you for this code.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for your email from TuCows to arrive. These emails (and the website they direct you to) will take a different format from your usual 123-reg emails. But don’t worry – they’re genuine, and a necessary part of the transfer process.
- For all other domains, ask your domain name provider to change your billing handle to I6467. Next, visit the transfer page and update the status of your domain transfer.
- Internal transfers or transfers from WebFusion, Donhost or Supanames do not qualify for a free shared hosting account.
Read our complete domain transfer guides.