Rewarding the top internet projects in the UK
It is that time of year when time is running out to get your nominations in for the five categories of the Nominet Internet Awards.
The awards recognise achievements of organisations and individuals who have created projects that help make the internet a more inclusive, enjoyable and safer space for everyone.
The five categories of the Nominet Internet Awards recognise achievements of organisations and individuals who lead the way to make the internet a more inclusive, enjoyable and safer space for everyone.
The winners will gain plenty of Kudos and media coverage so consider if any of your projects fall within one of the five categories:
1. Building a networked nation – In association with Race Online 2012
Projects such as those enabling people to access the internet who may otherwise not have the opportunity.
2. Making the internet Safer – In association with Symantec
Projects including tools to reduce criminal activity on the internet or those enabling people to protect themselves online.
3. Opening the world of knowledge – In association with the British Library
Suitable candidates include those offering increased access to online materials, knowledge or information and / or using the internet to educate/train.
4. Empowering young people & citizens – In association with Childnet International
Nominations are welcomed from those engaging with young people on internet issues, or offering public, or those simply ensuring that citizens’ voices are heard
5. Nurturing powerful local partnerships – In association with the National Council for Voluntary Organisations
The final category includes those projects that make a difference in a local community with an online project, or use the Internet to bring a Community together.