The Registrant type field for all .uk domains is a way of Nominet (the registry of .uk domains) categorising
the type of organisation that the domain is registered for.
When ordering your .uk website domain name you are required to complete the registrant type field, which helps us to categorise the type of
organisation that the registration is being made for and in turn will help in making subsequent changes to the domain name.
The list of acceptable values for the registrant type field is given below:
- LTD - UK Limited Company
- PLC - UK Public Limited Company
- PTNR - UK Sole Trader
- LLP - UK Limited Liability Partnership
- IP - UK Industrial/Provident Registered Company
- IND - UK Individual (representing self)
- SCH - UK School
- RCHAR - UK Registered Charity
- GOV - UK Government Body
- CRC - UK Corporation by Royal Charter
- STAT - UK Statutory Body
- OTHER - UK Entity that does not fit into any of the above (e.g. clubs, associations, many universities)
- FIND - Non-UK Individual (representing self)
- FCORP - Non-UK Corporation
- FOTHER - Non-UK Entity that does not fit into any of the above (e.g. charities, schools, clubs, associations)
Tip: Organisations in Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man are classified as Foreign
If you want to change your information for a domain held under your 123-reg account contact 123-support via the
'Ask A Question' system, remembering to include
details of your domain name and the changes you would like to have made.