It offers a number of improvements over the previous version; there’s new look and it’s easier to use – plus there are a few additional features.
However, the log in method changed slightly when we switched to the new system. Instead of logging in with your account name (e.g. myaccount), you need to log in with your mailbox name (e.g. myaccount-4).
This means each of your mailboxes has its own username and password. We’ve received a few queries about this – read on to see what to do if you’re having trouble logging in to the new system.
Finding your log in details
The username and password you need are now the same ones you use to check email through programs like Microsoft Outlook Express.
If you’re not sure what these details are, you can see your username and reset the password using the 123-reg control panel:
- Log in to your 123-reg control panel (use your 123-reg username and password)
- Scroll down to the Additional services heading
- Click Manage POP3 mail boxes
- Scroll down to the Reset Password heading
- Choose the POP account you wish to reset the password for from the POP Account dropdown box
- Click Reset Password
- A new password will be emailed to the address registered with your 123-reg account
Once you’ve received the password, you can log in to the new webmail by entering the following:
- Username: The name of the POP account which was displayed in the POP Account dropdown box
- Password: The new password which was emailed to you
You’ll now be able to use the webmail service as usual. Please note that you’ll need to repeat this process for each mailbox you use.
Make your password more memorable
Once you’ve reset your password, you can change it to something more memorable. Just log in to your 123-reg control panel, choose Manage POP3 mail boxes and use the Change Your Password option. Any new password must contain at least one capital letter, one lowercase letter and a digit.
Please let us know what you think of the new webmail system – you can leave a comment here, or send an email to email@example.com.