Transferring a Domain Name to 123-reg
You can transfer the following domain names to 123-reg:
.com /.net /.org
.uk / .co.uk /.org.uk /.me.uk
.biz /.info /.co /.pro /.pw /.pm /.tv /.cc /.pl /.mobi /.ch /.fm /.fr /.io /.name / .tk/ .la
.gb.net /.ae.org /.cn.com /.de.com /.sa.com /.us.com /.za.com /.gr.com /.se.net /.br.com /.ru.com /.jpn.com /.uk.net /.uk.com
Before attempting a transfer, please ensure that you use the correct procedure for your domain name extension as explained in the articles below.
You can also check the step by step guide on how to transfer a domain name from Fasthosts, GoDaddy, Joker, NamesCo, UK2 or LCN to 123-reg.
What does my domain transfer status mean?
The standard domain transfer statuses are below, and are used universally among registries.
- Pending - Your transfer has failed and we are now waiting for your assistance to restart it. Most probably either your Authorization code was incorrect, or your domain is still locked with the current registrar.
- Pending Owner Approval - In case you did not submit your domain Authorization code (EPP) during the transfer order or the EPP you provided was incorrect, we may restart the transfer without it. In this case our registrar will send you an approval email to the administrative email address for the domain. You need to follow the instructions in that email in order to approve the transfer. If your domain is on Pending Owner Approval, this means we are still waiting for you to approve the transfer.
- Pending Registry Approval/Pending Registrar Tag Change - Your transfer order has been submitted to our registrar with valid Authorization code (EPP) and we are now waiting for final confirmation from the previous registrar and the registry before the transfer is complete. There is nothing you need to do, just wait patiently until the transfer goes through.
- Declined - Your transfer order has been declined by either the domain owner or the previous registrar.
- Cancelled - Your transfer order has been cancelled. If you did not request cancellation of this domain transfer, please contact us for more information.
How do I get my Nominet Dispute-awarded domain name into my 123-reg account?
- Nominet (.uk)
- .co.uk - .org.uk - .me.uk
To get your Nominet Dispute-awarded domain name into your 123-reg account please see the steps below:
Go to https://www.123-reg.co.uk and type your domain name into the Domain Search Box, click on the transfer button.
Select your Domain name from the list, then click on the add to basket.
Select what hosting options you want then click the ok, let's continue button.
If already a customer click on the sign in button, if not fill in your details.
Confirm that you are the owner and allowed to transfer the domain name then click on continue to payment button.
Then follow the on-screen instructions.
Tip: After the IPS tag has been changed and you've initiated the transfer in your 123-reg control panel, the domain will automatically transfer to your 123-reg account.
If the domain name is already in a 123-reg account and you need it to be moved into your account contact 123-support via the Ask A Question system remembering to include proof of ownership details of your domain name and the account username you would like us to move the domain name to.