To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR), please do the following:
Please note: Before using the following instructions, please ensure you have already created a virtual web to be SSL-enabled.
Select the Web icon from the Admin Server control panel.
Select SSL Configuration. On the Edit Server panel, ensure SSL ON to enable SSL.
Select SSL Quick Setup to begin creating your Private Key and Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
Enter the full path for your Private Key file under Generate Your Private Key, select key size (2048).
Enter the Distinguished Name Field information under Create a Certificate Request. When creating a CSR you must follow these conventions:
- The following characters cannot be accepted: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ * / \ ( ) ?
- Common Name: www.yourdomain.com (Must be the Fully Qualified Domain Name)
- Organization: Your Company
- Organizational Unit: Your Department
- City or Locality: Your City
- State or Province: Your State / Town
- Country: ISO Complacent (GB, AU, US, etc)
Press the Setup Server button and check the Verbose box to view progress.
The Private Key information and CSR contents will be presented.
Copy the CSR text including the following:
-----BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST-------