This answer will list some of the connection problems you may have when using FTP.
If you can not ftp to your webspace/website, then here are a few of the common problems.
- "Username or password incorrect"
Check your username and password against those listed in your welcome email from 123-reg hosting account, and correct any errors.
- If you have changed your password, make sure you have updated it in your FTP client.
- "Can't open data connection"
Check your connection to the Internet, and that you are allowed to use port 21.
- "Error 530" or "Not logged in"
Check all your connection settings.
Important: If you are cannot FTP using the domain name as the FTP Server please try using the IP address, your FTP server/hostname will change as follows:
For Linux packages: 18.104.22.168
For Windows packages: 22.214.171.124
Please note: You will need to upload your web site files to the following folder dependent on your package;
- Linux package: public_html
- Windows package: web/content