The following is a simple checklist to help you identify the problem:
Check that the files have uploaded. You can either do this via FTP or by using the File manager in your 123-reg control panel.
Make sure that your files have been uploaded into the correct folder. If you have a Linux hosting package, you will need to upload your files to the public_html folder. If you have a Windows hosting package, you will need to upload your files to the content folder within the web directory.
Type in the full URL of a file you know is there, for example an image (e.g. http://www.mydomain.co.uk/image.jpg)
If this works, check that the first file of your site is labelled index.htm, index.html, index.php or index.asp.
If this does not work you need to point the domain name associated with the hosting account to the correct hosting server. To do this:
- Log into your 123-reg control panel.
- Scroll down to the Web hosting section.
- Select the relevant domain name from the drop down box and click on the Manage button.
- Copy the IP address shown for FTP Server IP in the FTP Details section.
- Point your domain to that IP address using the following guide: How do I point my domain name to an IP address?
Please allow 24-48 hours for these changes to take effect.
Try a hard refresh. This is different to simply pressing the refresh button. Press Ctrl + F5. This will request a complete reload of the page from the web server.
Try clearing your computer's cache.
If none of these steps work then you should contact our support team by using the Contact Us tab.