Generate a CSR: Oracle Wallet Manager
To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR), please do the following:
Step 1 of 4
From the menu bar, choose Operations, Create Certificate Request. The Create Certificate dialog box will appear.
Step 2 of 4
Enter the following information in the required fields:
Step 3 of 4
An Oracle Wallet Manager dialog box informs you that a security certificate request was successfully created.
You can export the certificate request to a file.
Step 4 of 4
Choose OK. You are returned to the Oracle Wallet Manager main window; the status of the certificate is changed to Requested.
- Common Name: Enter the exact host and domain name that you require to secure. (Must be the Fully Qualified Domain Name: www.yourdomain.com)
- Organizational Unit: Enter the name of the identity’s Organizational Unit. (Example: Support)
- Organization: Enter the name of the identity’s Organization. (Example: ABC Corp)
- Locality/City: Enter the name of the locality or city in which the identity resides.
- State/Province: Enter the full name of the state or province in which the identity resides.
- Country: Choose the drop-down list to view a list of country abbreviations. Select the country in which the Organization is located.
- Key Size: Choose the drop-down box to view a list of key sizes to use when creating the public/private key pair.
- Advanced: DO NOT ENTER ANY INFORMATION
Export CSR into text file for submission to a Certification Authority
Step 1 of 5
From the menu bar, choose Operations, Export Certificate Request. The Export Certificate Request dialog box will appear.
Step 2 of 5
Enter the file system directory in which you want to save the Certificate Request, or navigate to the directory structure under Folders.
Step 3 of 5
In the Enter File Name field, enter a file name to save your Certificate Request.
Step 4 of 5
Step 5 of 5
A message at the bottom of the window confirms that the Certificate Request was successfully exported to the file.
You are returned to the Oracle Wallet Manager main window.