Here at 123-reg we know you are busy so always check here before contacting us if
something is wrong with your services. Here you will find all updates on what’s
really going on and what we are doing about it to make sure your service is back
If you can’t find your issue here please feel free to open a support request. Just
log in, then select Ask A Question. Day or night, we're here to help – and you can see
a complete history of all your previous messages.
Ongoing issues on 123-reg VPS packages
12 February 2016, 14:04
We are still seeing some issues with VPS packages on 123-reg, as per the below
- There still are some isolated cases in which VPS customers might see a message on their websites regarding a database connectivity error. As previously advised, chances are these have showed up due to an unclean shutdown and will have to be handled on a case by case scenario. Customers can attempt repairing this on their own by following the instructions here: https://www.123-reg.co.uk/support/answers/1-VPS/Troubleshooting/database-connection-errors-steps-to-fix-5126/
If, for any reason, the above steps could not be followed, please raise a support ticket with us and we'll take a look at it for you.
- Some VPS packages might still be unresponsive, although showing up as "Active" in your control panel. This can also be related to an unclean shutdown, and will have to be handled by our support teams.
Please do note that although our support team has went through the current tickets backlog during the night as well, there still are some customers waiting to hear from us. We are aware of this and we aim to get back to all of you by this afternoon.
Thank you for your understanding on the matter.
Emails Notifications Regarding Mailbox Quotas
29 January 2016, 09:47
Some customers have recently received an email with regards to their inboxes being over their allocated allowance.
At this moment in time, 123-reg will not be suspending any accounts, however we would strongly advise that customers take action to reduce the size of their mailbox by either upgrading to our Business mailbox or archiving/deleting older emails.
Customers who have not taken action to reduce their mailbox size may face suspensions within 30 days’ time.
Recent connectivity issues - follow-up
12 February 2016, 08:14
12 February 2016, 14:03
Following the power outage incident on February 10, a number of issues has arisen, affecting 123-reg customers with Shared Web Hosting, Premium Hosting and VPS packages.
Our system engineers have now managed fixing the majority of these, including:
- Shared Web Hosting customers not being able to manage some of their packages
- Shared Web Hosting customers not being able to connect on some FTP servers
- Shared Web Hosting customers not being able to access certain websites
- Unresponsive Premium Hosting packages
- Customers unable to create new databases on Premium Hosting packages
- A large part of the VPS clusters previously offline
We are aware of the fact that in some cases, a fix is not yet in place, as there still are some ongoing issues, which are being covered on a separate thread.