Service Status

Here at 123-reg we know you are busy so always check here before contacting us if something is wrong with your services. Here you will find all updates on what’s really going on and what we are doing about it to make sure your service is back to normal!

If you can’t find your issue here please feel free to open a support request. Just log in, then select Ask A Question. Day or night, we're here to help – and you can see a complete history of all your previous messages.

Subscribe to RSS

Current Trackers

Recent connectivity issues

Created: 10 February 2016, 14:48
Last Updated: 11 February 2016, 08:47

Some of our customers may have recently experienced issues regarding connectivity on websites hosted with us.

This has occurred due to a brief power interruption in one of our data center halls. This has been rectified within minutes.

Most websites should now be back online while the remaining ones are soon to be back on track as well.

The main impact has been experienced on shared web hosting and VPS packages.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Update 1 (10.01, 16:03):

While a top priority is to keep your websites and services online, our highest priority is the safety of our engineers. When working with equipment such as UPS (massive battery arrays), generators, switching equipment and multiple sources from the mains, we ensure our team are safe. In this case, a voltage sensor was due for replacement, we had switched over to bypass this unit, however for a reason yet unknown a safety warning was triggered which resulted in the shut down of power for about 9 minutes. The full reason is yet unknown, we have our expert data centre team, as well as the equipment providers, working to understand this fully. Right now we can assure you that power is flowing to the data centre as it should be.

Update 2 (10.01, 17:35):

While most websites are now back up and running, some customers may still experience some problems on specific VPS packages. This is due to the fact that although we have managed rebooting the majority of them, there are some clusters that will require manual intervention from our system engineers. Although we are currently working on a permanent fix, this is a manual task that will take at least a couple more hours. We appreciate your patience on the matter.

Update 3 (10.01, 21:47):

Our team are continuing to investigate issues relating to the VPS platform and restoring connectivity as soon as possible. We apologise for the delay in this matter.

Update 4 (10.01, 22:16):

VPS customers who are experiencing "Error Establishing a Database Connection." message on their website, please contact our Support Team for further investigation. We are continuing to work on restoring service to rest of our VPS, Shared and Premium Hosting platform. We appreciate your patience on the matter.

Update 5 (10.01, 22:40):

As part of the undergoing work of our engineers, 60% of the clusters that were unreachable following the power outage are now back online. This means that the majority of VPS packages that were still offline following the initial incident are now working again. We are still working hard to resolve the issues with the remaining 40% of the clusters. Please note that this has no effect on the database connection errors previously mentioned; those cases will still need to be handled on a case by case basis by our Support Team.

Update 6 (10.01, 23:07):

We have managed to get 80% of the clusters back online. The remaining 20% should be back in the upcoming hour as well.

Update 7 (11.01, 08:45):

More than 95% of affected VPS clusters are now up and running. Our system engineers are now focused on fixing the remaining ones while also investigating two further issues spotted during the night:

- Some Premium Hosting packages are currently unreachable

- Some Shared Web Hosting packages are currently unresponsive / fail to run scripts on certain hosted websites

Tickets related to the above that have been raised by our customers are now being looked at; response times might not be ideal at the moment, however please rest assured that your issue is being looked at and a resolution on the matter will be provided as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and patience so far.

Emails Notifications Regarding Mailbox Quotas

Created: 29 January 2016, 09:47
Last Updated: --

Some customers have recently received an email with regards to their inboxes being over their allocated allowance.

At this moment in time, 123-reg will not be suspending any accounts, however we would strongly advise that customers take action to reduce the size of their mailbox by either upgrading to our Business mailbox or archiving/deleting older emails.

Customers who have not taken action to reduce their mailbox size may face suspensions within 30 days’ time.