How do I register a or domain name?

This article applies to 123-reg Domain names

The and domain names are subject to strict eligibility rules set by UKERNA (United Kingdom Education and Research Networking Association). domain names are used predominantly by the UK Government for all of their official web pages, or for websites associated with the government; for example, for Transport for London, for HM Revenue and Customs, and even, which contains all of the data the government can release for other people to re-use, such as crime rates or school information. domain names are predominantly used for education establishments, primarily by universities and other centers of tertiary education, such as for Cambridge University, for Oxford University, and for Southampton Solent University. 

For 123-reg to be able to register these domains would require too much human intervention to provide competitive prices for these domain extensions.

Please view for further information and accredited registration service providers.


Answer options

Your feedback was successfully added.

Answer tracking


Watch the content of this article for changes.