When you start up Outlook Express or try to send an email message, you may get one of the following error messages:
- MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module Msoe.dll
- MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module "unknown"
- MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module Directdb.dll
- Msimn caused an exception C0000006h in module Directdb.dll
- Outlook Express: The message could not be sent. There is not enough disk space.
- Unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure: No [SSL] Error: 0x800c0131
The usual cause of this error is a missing or damaged folders.dbx file (or it may be using a read-only attribute). To fix this bug:
- Click Start
- Then Find
- Then click Files or Folders
- In the Named box, type folders.dbx
- In the Look In box, click your main hard disk (this is usually drive C), and then click Find Now
- Right-click the Folders.dbx file, then click Rename
- Type folders.old, and click OK
- Start Outlook Express again. This will create a new Folders.dbx file automatically.