This article applies to 123-reg Email and 3rd Party Email Clients.
If you are having trouble receiving emails with your 123-reg email, this information can help you resolve your issue as we have listed some of the most common causes below:
- Check that your domain is using 123-reg mx records, click here to find out how to this.
Email Account issues
Email Client issues
- Check that you have entered the correct incoming mail server: pop.123-reg.co.uk or imap.123-reg.co.uk
- Ensure that the option for Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is NOT enabled.
- Use default incoming port 110 for POP3 and 143 for IMAP.
- Ensure that the option for SSL is switched off.
- If you have a firewall or anti virus software enabled on your computer please ensure that you add a allow or exception rule for pop.123-reg.co.uk if using POP3 orimap.123-reg.co.uk and/or IP address 188.8.131.52.
Tip: Please remember that you will need to close and restart your email client after you have made any change so that it can take affect.
Please Note: If the comprehensive list of above solutions does not resolve your query it maybe useful to contact your email client / software provider by visiting the appropriate support site e.g:
If you wish to check if there is a issue connecting due to your Internet connection or fault with your Internet Service Provider you can perform a Telnet test, click here to find out how to this.