How do I point my 123 Reg domain name to my third-party website?
This article will show you how you can point your domain name to a website hosted elsewhere.
There are 3 methods which can be used to link your domain name to your external hosting:
- Web forwarding
- DNS – using an A record or a CNAME record
You will need to ask your web hosting provider to confirm which method you should use and provide you with the required settings.
Please note: if you change the nameservers for your domain name, all DNS administration will need to be completed via the nameserver provider.
Once you have been given the setting, please select the correct guide from below, which contain step-by-step guidance on how to point your domain name:
- To use Web forwarding, please see How do I add 301 (Permanent Web forwarding)?
- To use an A record, please see How do I point my domain name to an IP address?
- To use a CNAME record, please see How do I set up a CNAME record on my domain?
- To change your domain name’s nameservers, please see How do I change the nameserver for my domain name?