Generate a CSR: cPanel
This article will explain how you can generate a Certificate Signing Request for your cPanel package.
Once your domain name is pointing to your hosting product, you can begin generating your CSR by following the instructions outlined below:
Start by logging in to your Web Hosting dashboard.
Once you’ve accessed your dashboard, select cPanel Admin.
On the next page, click SSL/TLS under the Security heading.
Select Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificate signing requests under the Certificate Signing Requests (CSR) heading.
On the next page, you’ll need to complete the following fields:
- Key – choose whether you want to generate a new private key or use an existing one
- Domains – enter the domain name or URL you wish to secure. If you’re requesting a Wildcard certificate, you’ll need to add an asterisk at the start of the domain name (i.e. *.yourdomain.co.uk)
- City – enter the city where your business is based
- State – enter the state where your business is based
- Country – select the country where your business is based
- Company – enter your business’ name. If you don’t have a business, then enter your name
Once you’ve entered this information, click Generate at the bottom of the page.
Your CSR will now be shown in the Encoded Certificate Signing Request section. Be sure to make a copy of your CSR, as you will need it to request an SSL certificate.