Generate a CSR: Zeus Web Server
To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR), please do the following:
Please note: Before using the following instructions, please ensure you have already created a virtual web to be SSL-enabled.
Step 1 of 8
Select the Web icon from the Admin Server control panel.
Step 2 of 8
Select SSL Configuration. On the Edit Server panel, ensure SSL ON to enable SSL.
Step 3 of 8
Select SSL Quick Setup to begin creating your Private Key and Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
Step 4 of 8
Enter the full path for your Private Key file under Generate Your Private Key, select key size (2048).
Step 5 of 8
Enter the Distinguished Name Field information under Create a Certificate Request. When creating a CSR you must follow these conventions:
- The following characters cannot be accepted: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ * / ( ) ?
- Common Name: www.yourdomain.com (Must be the Fully Qualified Domain Name)
- Organization: Your Company
- Organizational Unit: Your Department
- City or Locality: Your City
- State or Province: Your State / Town
- Country: ISO Complacent (GB, AU, US, etc)
Step 6 of 8
Press the Setup Server button and check the Verbose box to view progress.
Step 7 of 8
The Private Key information and CSR contents will be presented.
Step 8 of 8
Copy the CSR text including the following:
-----BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST-------