Plan availability: Online Shop Unlimited plans
Product variations can help you assign different images for every product option in your store as well as to track the stock of options like sizes.
Each possible set of options for a particular product is a variation for that product.
For example, a t-shirt that comes in two sizes (small and medium) and two colours (yellow and grey) has four variants:
Variations help organize your store into separate nested products. With Product Variations feature, you can:
- upload separate images to each of the variants (frequently used for apparel and shoes)
- automatically adjust prices with customer selections
- track inventory with unique SKUs to prevent overselling
- adjust weight to get more precise shipping rates at checkout
Choose or create a product that should come in different colours, sizes, shapes, etc.
Start by adding a new product in Store > Catalog > Products, + Add new product.
Add options like colours and sizes to this product so that customers can choose them on the product page.
Combine options into variations so that you can assign to these variations their own price, SKU, stock quantity, image, weight, volume discounts, sale prices and UPC codes.
- Switch to the Variations tab.
- Click + New Variation:
- Select the color and size for this variation:
- Set the SKU, Price and Weight for the variation.
- Set the stock of the product variant. Click Manage, set the number in stock and the quantity for the low stock notifications:
- Click OK.
- Repeat the steps for all necessary variations:
- Set the stock of the base product to Unlimited:
- Click Save.
Customers can now choose from options and see corresponding pictures while browsing. This is how variations look in the storefront: