Testing your Online Shop before going live
This article will detail the best ways of testing your ecommerce website
So, your Online Shop is looking exactly how you want it and is ready to go live.
However, before you hit the ‘Publish’ button, it’s worth checking to make sure that it’s functioning properly. After all, you don’t want any hiccups or problems that could prevent customers from making a smooth purchase!
Here are a few basic steps you can take to test your site:
- Does the navigation bar link to the correct pages?
- Do your product images link to their purchase pages?
- If you have a customer registration or sign-up area, is this working as intended?
- Does the order and purchase process work?
- Once an order has been placed, do you receive the registration and order confirmation emails?
- Do your product purchases appear on your Orders section within your Online Shop?
If you’re happy that all the criteria above has been fulfilled, then click Publish to take your ecommerce site online!