What is a .TK domain name, and who can register one?
This article will outline .TK domains and their restrictions.
.TK is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the Tokelau, a territory of New Zealand, located in the South Pacific, and is one of the most popular domain names in the world. .TK domain names and can be registered for between 1 and 5 years, and for 9 years.
There is no limit on who can register a .TK domain name, or on the amount that can be registered.
The following character restrictions apply for .TK domain registrations:
- Minimum character count: 3
- Maximum character count: 63
- Can include both letter and numbers
- Can inlude hyphens, but not at the beginning, or directly infront of the ccTLD.
- All domain names with a hyphen in the third and forth character positions, for example www.example.tk